This page is not completed
- Amount of energy liberate per unit time
- Factors affecting metabolic rate
- Basal metabolic rate
- The metabolic rate determined at rest in a room at a comfortable temperature in the thermoneutral zone 12 to 14 h after the last meal
- Falls 10% during sleep and falls 40% during starvation
- The ratio in the steady state of the volume of CO2 produced to the volume of O2 consumed per unit of time
- Carbohydrates 1
- Fat 0.7
- Protein 0.82
- What is the respiratory quotient ?
- What factors affect metabolic rate ?
- Tell me about the digestion of carbohydrates (or proteins, or fats).
- Tell me about the digestion of fats.
- Tell me about the digestion of proteins.
- Tell me about water handling by the G-I tract.
- Tell me about the handling of dietary iron by the body